Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Simple Simon has been crushed!

Whoooo!!
This morning Anson and I got up to Rock Canyon at 7am (37 degrees, a little chilly) to put another project day into our favorite Super Bowl Wall climb! Simple Simon (5.11b)!

Simple Simon has been a huge goal for me because it's basically a crazy overhanging roof sequence that was just jumping and yelling for me to redpoint. Unfortunately I stink at overhangs.
But after three days of 2 hour work sessions each, I finally figured out all the beta that worked for me and went for the redpoint!

I tied on my shoes, made sure my hands were warm(ish), and took off my puffy. Right as I went to start the climb, the sun crested into the canyon and warmed up the climb just for me! The funniest thing was that, right after I sent the climb and Anson was lowering me, the sun was covered by the mountain again somehow. It was literally only bright and warm for my last attempt!

The picture here is from the first day of working Simple Simon because Anson couldn't take pictures this morning, he was belaying!

2 comments: